Friday, July 07, 2006

The Power of Now

Many of you are probably wondering what I'm up to these days.

To some unsuspecting few, you might think I'm still scaring the beejeezuz out of my monkees. But fact is, I've diverted my attention to Melbourne grounds. Little Melbourne children are sweetcakes. See how their blue eyes bulge in fear. So cute.

I'm about to make a public announcement on my blog
(which no one reads - it may be futile but try, I will nevertheless.). If you see me online, please do not ask me this question:
"Have you found a job yet?"

I will get deeply, horrendously, skin-itchingly, hair-raisingly annoyed. Because for pete's sake people (whoever Pete is), I've only been here for a week. Is there nothing else in life than to work, work and work? And if you're answer is 'no', you are sickly, grossly, overworked and dull to no end.

Let me tell you monkeys, gorillas and chimps.

Some days you've got to sit back, smell the roses, and enjoy the coffee. Some days you just need to bask in the sun and appreciate life.

Because if one day a truck would to run me over and I'm lying there dying, squished and squashed, I will want to have memories of flowers, of green grass, juicy strawberries and blue skies. And if I met God (for I have not sinned that much), I can say, "Thank you dear Lord for bringing us so much joy in our lives. Thank you for giving us such a beautiful world. Thank you for giving us sun to melt the cold, the birds to chirp a song, and for family&friends to warm our hearts."

The only way for me to be thankful is to take Time and Be in the Now.

Let us all appreciate the Now. Not on our death beds. (I only write so much about it because it will come. Sooner or later). God knows work can wait.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... have you found a job yet??? hehehehe.... stephen soo

Anonymous said...

you dull dull boy. go get married and make babies why don't u. hehehe :P

Mabs

Unknown said...

When you get yourself a place, I'll come down and visit zoo - I mean, you. Incidentally, if you come up to Sydney you can stay at my new place in Waverton and we can go to Taronga. And the Lindt Cafe.

Happee Monkee said...

hullo chimp... er... champ, will be glad to go to the zoo with ya. Haha... interesting how ur still holding on to that habit. Ooo... yes...Waverton, Taronga, Lindt Cafe all sounds so good. Lookout Witmol, I'm coming!!

Anonymous said...

hehehe.. enjoy life to the fullest! that's the spirit! ;)

Pinkity said...

I envy you being able to do that! *sniffs* And I miss you so much too... :( Wish you the best babes

Happee Monkee said...

It's good fun for awhile. But eventually all good things must end. I miss you too pinky! hey, I heard you're leaving blooincster. that true??

Nadhirah said...

Wah! an update, finally! I almost lost hope on this blog. Where are the photos? Post the photos. No point having an E-300 if you're not going to snap photos okay. Might as well give it to me. :p

Happee Monkee said...

fat hopes mommy.

Pinkity said...

LOL mabes... I wanted to till Sarah-O slapped some sense into me... Now I am stuck for life... *cries*

Happee Monkee said...

what have you done pinkity? u've sold ur soul to sarah!

Pinkity said...

I've sold my soul to my job more like it. Sigh... Loads of love to you... Do keep your blog updated cause that's the only way besides email to make it seem as though you're still around T.T *hugz*

Anonymous said...

hey mable!
glad to see an update!
well, this is such a lovely straight forward entry...me likey.
all the best while you rest and play and eventually "work-play".
God bless!

if we ever meet again,
jessica:)

Happee Monkee said...

thanks jess. i'm sure we'll meet again. and anytime u come to melbourne, we must have coffee (or hot chocolate whichever u prefer) together!
may u always be so happy!

MT

gilliebean said...

don't have too much fun till you forget about your wifeys back home yah? home is where the heart is, yes? *muaks*

Happee Monkee said...

Hait! (o *)Y

Definitely