Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's in a Tag?

Forgive my suaku-ness but I don't have any idea what a tag is. I only remembered about the tag by Jo after reading someone else's blog and her tag.

GillieBeans kindly explained to me as like: "the game tag. You tag someone and they have to do what you did so in this case, someone tagged Jo with that list of questions so she answered it then she tags someone else and that person is supposed to answer the same set of questions."
If I got it wrong, don't look at me.

10 Things That Makes Me Happy (in no specific order):
1. A newly found hobby - baking! I surprised myself because I swore that I'd leave baking to Michelle. When we were growing up, she would make all these yummy cakes and cookies but totally sucked in cooking. So as not to compete with an expert, I decided to draw attention to myself by being good in something else. It's all very Freudian.

Anyway, if it wasn't for Chic I wouldn't have experimented with food-blogging. It's given me a new joy to combine old passions i.e. food styling, photography and cooking.

2. My family. I cannot even express in mere words how gloriously fortunate I am to be in this brilliantly, nutty family. My parents are incredibly folks who did their best in bringing me and my siblings up. It was hard for them - two struggling young adults to feed three monstrous children (the youngest being a brat) with limited resources. And now that Michelle and Mike have their own family, the Roots have extended itself to their partners and babies. My family is nothing short of extraordinary.

3. I say this with a blushing maiden's coyness. Mr. G makes me very happy. In fact, today marks our twelve months benchmark. That's the longest relationship I've ever had but it still feels like the first day. He is a kind man with a heart of gold. And I'm incredibly grateful that he's in my life. Thank you Mr. G for making this monkee so happy.

4. Friends. People like Jo, Carrie, Gi, Koons, Lyn, Yanti, Ai Hoon... and so, so many more have enriched my life with laughter, tears, love and shared embarrassments. Without them, I am a dull person. They make me laugh at myself; they keep me insane; they bring out the worst in me and that's the essence of good friendship. If I ever forget myself, this people would be the first to slap me back in place. Well, close.

5. Long walks. I love lone, silent walks in the botanics or anywhere with lots of trees. There is a sort of peace that settles in the crazy mind and quietens it. Huuushh.... There's plenty of thinking to be done, but later. Later.

6. Books. Books are like doors to meeting interesting people and ideas, experiencing journeys and adventures that aren't yours but somehow becomes yours. It's like having intellectual conversations with authors that you have little chance of meeting and yet, still grow in depth, mind and spirit. To me, words are magical, beautiful and invisible creatures.

7. Mathematics. I actually find them quite pleasurable. I used to detest them. But I don't so much now. As long as it doesn't become too complicated like Advanced Mathematics of Engineering. It's strange but many things I find to be of bad taste (in the same category with leek and umbrellas) as a child are slowly becoming manageable.

8. Oh how can I even forget this? Photography. I am happy when I'm snappy.

9. Traveling and connecting with people. My recent solo visit to Cambodia was an amazing adventure where I met even more amazing people. Having gone alone forced me to do things I wouldn't normally have done; making conversation with strangers are quite often daunting for me (yes, even I can be shy) but once crossed the barrier it becomes wonderfully rewarding. Culture is always an eye-opening experience.

10. Finally. I was breaking into cold sweat. Uhm....
Freedom. Freedom makes me happy. As much as I complain of not having a job, I enjoy having the time to do the things I like doing anytime I want. There's often conflict between security and freedom of which I'm learning how to bridge... however, I am fortunate to be free.
I have good health - therefore, I am free from sickness.
I have good family - therefore, I am free from family-related stress.
I have good friends - therefore, I always have support and love.
I have a good partner - therefore, I am always loved and cared for.
I have my sanity - therefore, I am always free to be responsible over my actions and choices.

Well. There you go. Tagged.

However, this tag will end here. Merely because, I don't know who I can pass this on to.

Love, your friend,
Mable

1 comment:

Chunky Munky said...

I would like to contend point number ten, row 12 ... I have my sanity. Since in point 4, you have your friend to keep you insane. Therefore, it should be ... I have my insanity.

Just doing my duty as a friend :)