Thursday, November 18, 2004

Melbourne

I had a small crowd asking me in a week, "Why can't you have enough of Melbourne?"

For one, I'm a greedy glut.

I embrace the city in many many many ways. Though, I don't think it's love (I fall in and out of love so easily). If my relationship with Melbourne should be explained in a single word, it could possibly be lust. I'd rather be fond in lust than in love. That way, nothing bores me.

Do I digress?

If I was ever more in love with Melbourne, it may be because of a memory. A memory of treasured innocence, youth and simplicity. I had a Taste of Freedom. And like all things so dangerously beautiful, too much of freedom is too bad. Too little welcomes craving.

A taste is never enough. I'm getting hungry.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Australia is just a sleepy little place at the fringe of human civilization. Melbourne is an inconsequential habitation for those who weren't good enough to gain a place in Europe. Where's the best place to live on Earth? Find out more.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4020523.stm

Happee Monkee said...

Ireland? Ireland? Why Ireland?
You've got to admit that Australia ain't so bad if it earned a place in the list of European countries.

Anonymous said...

Polar bears will lose their habitat in the Artic 30 years from now because summer months are expected to melt the sea ice. I've always wanted to introduce a colony of them bears in the Antarctic. I think they will enjoy a diet of penguins. What say you we smuggle them soon. Are you in or are you out?