Monday, June 27, 2005

Wine, Women, Song

I had a good reunion at a wedding recently. It was fantastic (despite some interesting comments on my choice of remaining in singledom - read post below). Mainly because it had brought back so many forgotten memories of my uni life. Sweet uncomplicated penniless student days.
The wine was flowing. The women were beautiful (and thankfully so were some men) but the songs were excruciating. Karaoke weddings -- it's a great way to have fun. Yes, indeed. You're never sure if the crowd is laughing with you or at you.
Still - I reckon - if I marry one day (no, I'm not a dyke; yes, I like men; yes, I do want to marry some day but I'm not too worried if I don't; no, i can't say the same about my parents) I would love to have a karaoke wedding. Why? Frankly because people actually do have alot of fun laughing - at and with you. I won't deny it. It's a contagious fun. But I'm going to make it classy and tasteful. And I'm going to make my dad sing a song for me.

So here's a list of things I'd like to have at my wedding: (Hey, every girl is entitled to have wishful thinkings about her own wedding).

I want:
1. A carousel & a band
2. Giraffes & peacocks
3. A garden party with gazebos
4. Fairy lights and ribbons
5. Champagne & crayfish; heck, I'll make it a BBQ
6. A grassy dance floor so I can dance without shoes

YES! I'm going to make mine a carnival!!
So what if it's strange? At least it's a night everyone will remember.

But see? they're all rather simple requests - a good time without getting flustered or frazzled because the hell with it, it's a wedding party. And weddings are suppose to be a fun time for brides and grooms. Not filled with panic attacks or hyperventilation. Leave that to the wedding planner. If you can't afford one - there are always friends. Ekekekekeke... (by the end of it, you won't have any left... kekekekeke)

Having good friends is very much like having the right partner. You're commited to one another for better or for worst. EKEKEKEKEKEKE...

13 comments:

Nadhirah said...

cept you can't do certain things with your friends. :P

your wedding sounds lovely. make sure you invite me. You can count me in as one of your slaves. ;)

Happee Monkee said...

do what? (O_o)

Oooohh... THAT. Hmmm... that's arguable y'know. *grin*

Menage trois.

Wedding? If I find a man who is:
1. crazy enough to marry me
2. crazy enough to oblige to such a wedding
3. crazy enough to meet my friends

the invitation card will come running your way. Ekekekekekeke

Chunky Munky said...

I will not sing a karaoke song.

Nadhirah said...

Unless you're REALLY REALLY good friends. ehehehe..

Since I'm helping out at your wedding, I won't be made to humiliate myself in public by singing karaoke right?

I mean, do you really want all your guests running for dear life?

Happee Monkee said...

They'll be running for dear lives anyway when i let loose the cheetahs, monkeys, gorillas, giraffes...

Happee Monkee said...

chunky monkey: well, if u won't sing, you shall swing from vine to vine for your wine. No such thing as a free dinner.

Chunky Munky said...

I knew there was a catch somewhere.

Nadhirah said...

..you shall swing from vine to vine for your wine. No such thing as a free dinner...

hey mabs, you rhymed!!!

gilliebean said...

hey mabs, you already have chic the chicken, 3 monkeys from the monkey cage, gillie the neko, juls the water piggie, jo the stunted hyena and chunky munky as the ring master. ain't no need to hire circus animals no more. can plough all that money for a disco ball and some groovy lights. yeah baby!

Anonymous said...

Wow... this is actually the first time i've managed to get more than 2 comments on my post. I'm impressed with the enthusiasm.

Gi: But there aren't any giraffes! Or Zebras! or flamingos! What kind of party would that be??
Eh, since when Jo was a stunted hyena? hehehe, it kinda suits her though.

Nadhirah said...

Hey!! Yeah!! since when did I become a stunted hyena?? huh huh??? I know I'll be the ring masters' assitant. The one that walks around in sparkly clothes with feathers on a head.

out of curiosity, why hyena ah? no better animal ka? rabbit ke. hamster ke. hyena?? eish..

evil gi.

Chunky Munky said...

I don't think anyone wants to comment about the stunted hyena thing. Let sleeping dogs lie, they say.

Anonymous said...

rofl.. i have a bunch of funny friends.. im so happy.. XD