Thursday, July 05, 2007

12 Months Later...

It's been a roller coaster month. Especially in my funny head. And I think myself silly sometimes....

I've been away from home for a year now. Well, not counting that I was back for a month in January. The words 'reflect' and 'meditation' keep appearing in my daily conversations with people (from them, not me). And perhaps I should take it as a sign that I must take time to pause and seek solitary space to go into deep thoughts.

In the last 12 months, I have just as many ups as I have downs and I'm grateful for every single thing that have turned up in my life.

I came into this country with nothing more than two suitcase and an old friend. With that, things have grown to him being a really good and reliable mate, a whitey house mate, an online business, new friends, an education in the stock market and a really good partner I can count on in sickness and in health. Life may have its down moments, but the ups have certainly compensated those experiences.

I made it this far and I know I can go further. There is much still for me to learn. Each time I get hit by a breakdown, I think to myself that I've been through bigger humps and bumps, so, this, I can handle.

I'm sticking my foot into the fountain, my toes are raisin soaked, and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

1 comment:

nadhirah said...

Dear funky monkey aunty,

The bug sends her love and raspberry kisses. Also, you're not the only one that loves to think herself silly. We do alot of thinking-self-silly in the JoAz household too. I think it's healthy, bordering on psycho. Just the way I like things.

May I just say that JoAzBug miss you much and hope to hear your maniacal laughter soon?

It feels like a long time since we last saw you since the bug is outgrowing all the clothes you gave her. I on the other hand still have the candy canes you gave me. (so that I'm reminded of you. AHAHAH!!)

well, Cheers! to new things and all that jazz.

Love,
Jo