Monday, April 09, 2007

I Already Have All That I Seek

We're an answer-driven society. Everything we do we need answers.
We climb ladders. We climb mountains.
We go on journeys. We go for quests.
We chase. We search.
We look in the soul. We look at the soul. We look beyond the soul.

Have we found what we've been searching for?

What is it that we're looking for?

Do we even know?

How do we know the Hows, when we don't know the Whats?

We're lost, confused and disoriented.

But we're never hope-less.

If there's one thing about the humankind, we never lose hope. We may lose it as individuals, but as a collective, we care too much to do that. Have you ever given up hope on your family, friends or partners? That's what I mean. We're resilient in that sense. Hard to get rid of. Almost pest-like. Like cockroaches :D

So how do we know what we're looking for?

Look in the Whys.

This cycle of insanity is a fruitless one. As mentioned before, we seem to delight in this 'carrot & donkey' sequence of life. As though happiness is at the end of the 'string ofs...'.
The string of... graduation, work, wealth, sex, marriage, children, retirement... etc.

Myself? I'm like a dog chasing it's tail.

Came a day. One miserable day. A day I intent it to be miserable with my miserable thoughts. So miserable, I was miserable.

I was miserable because.
I was miserable because I felt I had nothing materially substantial to show for my 26 years of existence.
I was miserable because while the rest of the world had BMWs and LVs I had nothing
I was miserable because ten years ago, I had envisioned myself in love and in style.

So I was running a list of things in my mind: things I would do if; things I would feel when; things I would say at...etc.

In other words, I was saying that I can only be happy with myself if I'm thin, rich and beautiful.

Only later. Never here. Never now. Never in the moment.

Then I read. Even though I read it before. A singular line that meant everything and can mean also absolutely nothing. So powerful yet so power-less. In that moment, all things that clouded me depart.

"I have all that I seek."

Which simply means. There is nothing to achieve because I have it. There are no answers to seek. Because there are no questions. Everything that is to be provided for is already provided.

I have everything I need in this life.

Something else I read somewhere which I will loosely quote: "As long as you have shoulders, you will have clothes. As long as you have a mouth, you will have food."
And I will also like to add: "As long as you have limbs, you will have work. As long as you have ears, you have music. And as long as you have sight, you will have beauty."

In other words, be grateful for.

There is much to give thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything we do we need answers.

That is if we have questions.

But why do we need to question?

And that requires an answer....or does it?

Anonymous said...

more questions asking for answers!
hahaahhaa
tamago-chan.. thanks for the reminder..
enjoy today.. don't wait till tomorrow! ;)