Monday, August 21, 2006

Wake Me Up When September Ends

It's almost September.

Did someone hit the fast forward button?

Unbelievable.

It never stops. Or slows down. Most of all, it sweeps you off your feet when you're looking the other way.

I have a brother who's getting married this month. I ought to be there. But I'm here.

I have friends who are getting married. I ought to be there. But I'm here.

There's a baby popping out into the world, having her first breath, giving her first cry. I ought to be there. But I'm here.

My monkeys are growing up having birthdays and I ought to be there. But I'm here.

Am I missing out in life? Am I the missing jig saw in somebody's life? Am I living life the fullest when I'm not in the view?

I ought to be here because I'm here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesnt matter where u are.. it's the thought that counts! =)

Chunky Munky said...

Sometimes you just need to make sacrifices, but it is important to know why you are making those sacrifices.

Happee Monkee said...

thank you... :)
Sometimes I tend to have memory relapses. Some days I remember with great clarity, other days, I'm boogered not know why or what or how.
I forget that Rome wasn't built in a day. But thank you for your words. It made me see sense.

Nadhirah said...

Remember, you're there for a reason. Don't lose sight of that reason, okay?

Anonymous said...

yeah! hang in there woman! wait for me! i'll be there soon! x(^-^)x hahaha..

Happee Monkee said...

Thank you for your support. *beams* I'm so blessed with good friends. :)

Pinkity said...

I miss you Mabes... It's it's true what they say... You don't know what you've got till it's gone. I wear your Starfucks T-shirt and smile remembering the note that was attached to it...

xoxox..

Happee Monkee said...

Starfucks all the wayyyyyyy!!!
That's what the monkee say!!!
Who cares, so hey!!!
Have a star fucking dayyyyyyy!!!!!!